Part Time Position Available
We are sad to say goodbye to our part time employee, Rowan, but he is moving to be with his fiancÚ and we are very happy for them. This opens up a part time position in the store and we are looking for just the right person to fill it. We are told daily that working in our store would be great fun, so here is your chance!
Keeping a used bookstore stocked and organized is a big job! There's a lot of heavy lifting and dirty hands but also the opportunity to learn about books in more subjects than you can ever imagine! The job duties for this position are:
- Shelving books
- We have 3 floors, 17 rooms and hundreds of topic areas
- Organizing sections
- We have more books than space so keeping everything neat and organized is key
- Cleaning books and sections
- Used bookstores can become dirty and dusty very easily. Staying on top of this is a constant job
- Covering the desk at lunch time for full time employee
- Hauling boxes of books up and down stairs
- Climbing up and down tall ladders
- Helping staff and customers find books
Qualified applicants should be someone who loves books, has a friendly and outgoing personality, is willing to work hard, and actually likes to organize and clean.
10 hours a week (the hours are somewhat negotiable but the days are fixed)
- The hours would include:
- Tuesday 12-2
- Thursday 12-4
- Saturdays 12-4 (one weekend a month you will have Saturday off and work another day instead)
- Pay is $9.50 an hour
- Earn 25 cents in store credit for every hour worked
To apply fill out and return the application or come into the store and fill out an application. We hope you are the perfect fit!